Thursday, February 21, 2008

How do you spell "No"?


Do you remember that old Rolaids commercial? The one where the man says "How do you spell relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-S"

Well how do I spell "no"? Believe me, this sounds easy. However I have more trouble saying this two letter word than ANY other word in the English language.

I spell no this way: "sure I can do that","yes I'm available", "I would love to help you", "It will be tough but I'm sure I can squeeze it in", "thanks for thinking of me", "I'm honored you asked", "maybe", "I'll check on it", "it shouldn't be a problem", "let me get back to you", "yes", "sure", "absolutely", "how soon do you need that"....do you catch my drift?

I can't say no. I absolutely cannot say it. I'm like "Fonzie" was when trying to say "I'm sorry". I am paralyzed with fear, doubt and guilt everytime I try to say no. It's a sickness I tell you, but it is one that I'm working on overcoming. I HATE being a people pleaser. I HATE being someone's "yes man" and I HATE feeling afraid, anxious, guilty, sad and stressed the majority of my life.

Enough said....I'm exhausted!

No comments: