Monday, May 3, 2010

Being Understood

I believe that being understood, TRULY understood by another human being is one of the greatest gifts one can receive.

I feel very alone today. Honestly I feel alone quite often. I don't think this is just a new mom, stay at home thing. I really feel as if I'm not connected to God, myself or others in a deep and meaningful way. Perhaps my expectations of myself and others are too high and unattainable. Maybe I want too much. Could I be too needy? I don't even think I understand myself sometimes.

Yesterday I was reminded that I don't have to be understood by others. I don't have to have anyone but Jesus. I have a long way to go, but I'm meditating on this and praying that God embeds this message deep into my soul. Be blessed by the message of this song. Worship Him unashamed and allow His love to heal the wounds you may have of being misused, misunderstood, discarded, betrayed, hurt, left alone, not needed, not wanted, looked over, used up, and being taken advantage of by others.

No comments: