Tuesday, December 8, 2009

For Unto Us a Child is Born

I have been wondering lately why we silly people spend MONTHS preparing for the births of our children. We paint, plan, shower, shop, go to appts., tell everyone we know, take pics, etc. Especially if it is our FIRST child we go gaga over the proces. Don't get me wrong. I certainly did that with Joseph...well all my children :-).

I guess what is really bothering me is that we as a world are about to celebrate the birth of the MOST AMAZING BABY EVER BORN, and it seems like merely an afterthought. It seems like we should be spending nine months preparing for His arrival. Yes I know He was born 2000+ years ago, but every year is a chance to renew our part in that experience. For unto US a child is born. No matter what you have done. No matter where you are. No matter what you look like. Christ was born for YOU!!!! Let's get gaga over JESUS. EMMANUEL GOD WITH US!!! Let us celebrate like CRAZY!!!!

Merry Christmas and plan a party,

Janelle

Here is Bebe and Cece Winans version of "For Unto Us..."

No comments: