Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dreaming Big....

So I have BIG dreams. Dreams that I know are ALL but impossible without God. Dreams that are so big that I'm even afraid to type them. However, I want keep dreaming because I know that God is a big God. I also know that His dreams for me are even bigger than the ones I have for myself. There is a quote from the movie "Walk to Remember" based on the novel by the same name (Nicholas Sparks). "Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself." Jamie says that as she is dying in the hospital. I think it is a wonderful sentiment, as well as the TRUTH. I take heart knowing that God is dreaming BIG for me and as long as I am seeking His face, and learning His character I cannot fail! I love that God's expectations of me and for me are so different from the ones I impose upon myself.

Down to the nitty gritty...
Here are a few of my dreams...
They are not in any particular order...

Write a book
Lose weight
Have another child (or two)
Travel (both pleasure AND missions)
Lead someone to Christ (especially my children)
Climb a mountain (even a small one)
See the sunrise over the ocean
Read the Bible completely through cover to cover

Ok I have to stop now, because I'm mentally exhausted from even sharing.

I'm glad God never sleeps, and He thinks I'm NOT crazy. Because I feel crazy for even thinking these things, much less sharing them.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I think ALL of your dreams are wonderful and realistic! You WILL BE awesome at all of them!