Tuesday, March 17, 2009

34 Wishes....

So I'm turning 34 on Thursday. Normally I don't celebrate my birthday, but this year I am going to do so in style. No I don't mean at the spa or party. I mean I am going to celebrate LIFE. I am making 34 wishes for myself. Dreams, goals and plans for this next year. Some of these may seem trivial, but they are ALL important to me. I just wanted to share with you all because I NEED ACCOUNTABILITY!!! These are not in ANY particular order.

"Wish List"
1. Complete one scrapbook
2. Read a book a month
3. Make sure to spend some time outdoors EVERYDAY
4. Practice my flute at least once/week
5. Remember that sweatpants are for the gym or sleeping. They do not constitute a fashion choice...lol
6. Send a handwritten letter to a friend/family member each month
7. Take a sewing class or be trained by a family member/friend
8. Eat at home with my family, at the table, a HOME cooked meal at least three nights a week
9. Memorize a Scripture a week
10. Journal/Blog at least 3X/week
11. Lose 20 pounds minimum before 3/19/10
12. Stop drinking soft drinks
13. Make my bed daily
14. Go hiking (I've only been once in my life)
15. Get my flute repaired
16. Have a Girls Night Out at least every other month
17. Have a Date Night with my husband every other WEEK
18. Spend a day alone every month (and learn to like it)
19. Say "thank you" to someone EVERYDAY
20. Sing more often
21. Take a yoga class
22. Go dancing with Nathan at least once
23. Don't say "I'm sorry" for things that ARE NOT my repsonsibility
24. Record a CD with my Dad
25. Get a physical and actually do what my Doc recommends...lol
26. See the ocean
27. See my niece and nephews more often
28. Make my will
29. Pay off our credit card
30. "Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger"...
31. Become a little more comfortable "in my own skin"
32. Learn, live, laugh and love
33. Try something new, bold and daring (not like changing my peanut butter brand...lol)
34. Live the Serenity Prayer!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome list!! I hope you have a very very Happy Birthday!! I hope this year is so filled with blessings for you that you are overwhelmed by God's love! You are a amazing person that I admire so much! Thanks for being a great friend!