Sunday, July 15, 2007

Stormy Weather



I Peter 1:6-7 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for alittle while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

Seems like life has been a little stormy lately. Maybe the storm just left your area? Maybe it's headed your way? Which ever place you are in the fact of the matter is WE HAVE ALL EXPERIENCED storms in our lives. Here's a great song to encourage us all!! It's by Casting Crowns...hope you enjoy it!

Praise You in the Storm
I was sure by now, God You would have reached down and wiped our tears away.
Stepped in and saved the day. But once again, I say "Amen" and it's still raining.
As the thunder rollsI barely hear You whisper through the rain. "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls. I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away

Chorus:
I'll praise You in this storm. And I will lift my hands.
For You are who You are. No matter where I am.
Every tear I've cried. You hold in Your hand.
You never left my side, and though my heart is torn.
I will praise You in this storm.

I remember whenI stumbled in the wind.
You heard my cry You raised me up again.
My strength is almost gone. How can I carry on?
If I can't find You. As the thunder rolls.
I barely hear You whisper through the rain. "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls. I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.

(Chorus)

I lift my eyes unto the hills. Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord. The Maker of Heaven and Earth (Repeat)

(Repeat Chorus)

This band has some FANTASTIC stuff. Their sense of uncompromised personal holiness and their challenge to the church to arise and show God for who He is astounds me. I am encouraged, challenged, uplifted and changed everytime I listen to their stuff. Not to mentiont they ROCK in concert (thanks again Charlie and Beth). Why don't you check them out at http://castingcrowns.com/ Their latest project is going to be released 8/28/07 and is entitled The Altar and the Door.

No comments: