Saturday, July 21, 2007

Life is a Highway!



So Joseph loves this song from "Cars". He just sings and sings it and it really is the cutest thing (well maybe besides Jesse and JoyAnn playing uncle Tyler's Wii)!!!

Well the Flint family is going to be making a move down the highway. We are ready for a change. God is definitely up to something in the Flint family. We've never even considered a changes until recently. We honestly have not even been open to what God has TRULY in mind for us. We have said we would go and do whatever He has determined for our family. Personally speaking that meant "within reason, or certain peramiters." What a selfish, sinful attitude to have had. How dare I presuppose what God's best is for me or my family.

So God is calling us to something new. An attitude change, a move of the heart, a surrendering of OUR plans. It's a good place to be right now, a little scary but a good place to be nonetheless.

Nathan will be giving notice at the Cove shortly and will be taking a position with Schneider National as a truck driver. What a change, what a SACRIFICE it will be for our family. Yet we firnly believe what Hebrews 10:23 says "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." God is faithful is leading us down a new highway. This isn't going to be easy. It isn't suposed to be easy. It is SACRIFICE.

Please pray for us as we journey through this together. Nathan will be starting his school on August the 18th in Charlotte, NC. He will be gone for 21 days then home for two. He will then start his 2 weeks on and two days home. This is what our schedule will be like for a year. WOW! Big changes for the Flints huh?

Thank you for your support. We will need it especially me and the kids. I don't do change. I don't do "alone" very well. Yes I am a selfish, co-dependent who needs people WAY too much. I am struggling but I will adjust. It will be good. It will be GREAT because it's GOD'S best for us. Even though I will be staying here in Black Mountain it will be a move for me. A stretch, a change, a journey.

So...here's to checking out the scenery.

Expectantly,

Janelle

No comments: