Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Few Days in the Life....


So I'm a few days behind in this "thankful thing".  Not that I haven't been experiencing or practicing gratitude.  I just don't always have the moments to steal away to my laptop and capture what God has been doing in my midst that day.  Thank you friends and readers for your grace as you read my long(er) posts.


Day 14: Philippians 1:3-5, "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now."  

I am so thankful for the many wonderful, diverse, uplifting and even challenging relationships in which God has placed me.  Over the years I have had some VERY dear friendships that have dissolved.  It's been one of the most painful and heart crushing things I've experienced.  However, it has brought a depth to my life and an authenticity to my current relationships.  I love the last part of this verse, it isn't about a partnership, a friendship that is self-serving, it's about the gospel.  God has changed my heart AND my vision over the last decade to really understand or GET what friendship is about.  Those friendships that feed me, bless me, encourage me, challenge me, uplift me, ALSO bring honor to Jesus.  Having pure out fun with people is a gift.  Yet, even in the midst of laughter, fun, silliness I LOVE that my true friends can bring me back to Jesus at the foot of the cross, or worshiping at His throne.  So, this day I will celebrate the GOSPEL, and having a true friend and BEING a true friend.  Jesus......change my heart to make me more like you.





Day 15: Psalm 103:1 is our thanksgiving verse for today, "Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name."

I will celebrate the many and complete ways that my soul can praise the Lord!  There is music that speaks to me in powerful ways.  I praise the Lord through journaling, blogging, laughing, talking, mothering, teaching....oh the many ways that I can glorify and magnify the name of Jesus.  I am grateful for the name of Jesus CHRIST!!!


Day 16: Jonah 2:9 is your thanksgiving verse for today: "But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to You.  As I think today of thankfulness in regards to this verse the word SACRIFICE pops out to me.  How can my sacrifice bring you praise?  What do I have to sacrifice?  What does sacrifice look like for me?  Is my heart willing to be willing?  God, today I will revel in the fact that through the Holy Spirit I can give up any form of entitlement or rights that I think I have.  The Lord gives me the strength to shout out gratefulness in the midst of confusion, strife and pain.    


No comments: