Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Manic Monday and Time-Out Tuesday

Yesterday was quite busy and I FINALLY went to the doc. I've been sick in some shape, form or fashion since late Sept/early Oct.  A different antibiotic, an inhaler and a cough med. Bronchitis, the official diagnosis. I digress and share with you SWEET BROWN



Ok.  Now that we've all chuckled let's get on to the gratitude.  No I must confess that yesterday AND today are certainly acts of sacrificial gratitude.  I'm in a FOUL mood.  I can't find anything good with anyone or any thing.  I'm sick, grumpy and feeling sorry for myself.  Unappreciated, unloved and generally bah-humbuggish.  

GET OVER YOURSELF JANELLE ;-)

Day 5: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Anxious about anything....God does that mean my illness?  YES!  What about Joseph's autism?  YES!!!  Finances?  Uh-huh!!!  My marriage and children?  YES I think I was clear!  What the future holds? YES JANELLE!!!  O.K. Lord, this day I will celebrate and take a moment to be grateful that in any and every situation I can rest in God's Sovereignty and trust Him that His plan will prevail.  When it doesn't feel good, sound good, look good, it IS for MY good and His glory.  I am grateful that I can take all of my requests, petitions and needs to God in prayer WITH a thankful heart.  I'm glad that the Lord continues to lovingly mold my heart into one of gracious thankfulness and not self-serving motives.  This day I'm so glad that God's perfect love casts out all fear and I don't have to be anxious.  

Day 6:  "Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods." Psalm 95:2-3

You are the GREAT God.  The King above all gods.  That's good news on TODAY...election day.  Today I'm grateful to be an American, and to have the right to vote and make my choice.  More importantly I'm so glad that I'm a dual citizen and my lasting residence is in HEAVEN.  God is my King and I am so grateful for THAT!!!


No comments: