Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gratitude

Several of my friends are posting "30 Days of Gratefulness" as their FB statuses daily during the month of November.  Also one of my favorite authors (Lysa TerKeurst) is posting a Scripture daily.  So I'm going to combine those ideas and include it here in my blog.  Should be a fun month....Remember the Scriptures are Lysa's choice, but the gratitude is ALL mine.  Starting a few days late, but I've had a nasty virus/flu and I am WELL below par.  If you're reading this, maybe you'll pray for me???

Day 1: "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing the Lord’s praise, for He has been good to me." Psalm 13:5-6

The Lord HAS been good to me.  Words can't express my gratitude for my salvation and I've talked about it often, so to I don't want to minimalize it or make my gratitude sound too small.  So today I will focus on His unfailing love and goodness to me.  Having five kids is often challenging.  The past few days during this illness have been extremely tough.  What I'm grateful for specifically is that Joseph (against his wishes) fixed breakfast for James and Jonathan.  He even said "You're NOT welcome", but he did it.  He made their breakfast and got them juice.  So, I'm grateful that in God's love, even in the midst of my sickness He showed me that He holds Joseph's heart and is changing it.  Although it seems slow to me, the progress is happening according to God's timing.

Day 2:  "November 2: "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34   

His enduring love.  A love that lasts through financial ruin, marriage trouble, years of obesity.  His LOVE.  This day I will celebrate His love that carried me through my breaking point and two years of journeying toward health and wholeness.  I am 100 pounds lighter than on October 31, 2010 and for THAT I'm grateful.  I'm grateful that I've learned to work hard, exercise, jog, and enjoy sweating.  I'm grateful that I'm a size 14 and not a 28.  I'm grateful that I prefer broccoli and salmon over fried chicken wings and smothered fries. 

Day 3:  "The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him." Psalm 28:7

With my song....This day I celebrate music AND the ability/gift to create it.  I am so glad to have the knowledge and talent to play the piano, flute and sing.  I am still honing my craft and have plenty of room for improvement, but my abilities have provided MANY opportunities and I'm so happy to have had them.  Music is a gift, it stirs the soul and evokes emotion.     Some of my most precious memories involve music, for this I am grateful.

I will do my best to keep up with my daily blogging.  Life around here is busy, but even that brings thankfulness.  Although feisty and often precocious, my children make life interesting.  Have a GREAT day everyone and be BLESSED as you create and receive THANKSGIVING!

BTW Lysa hasn't posted today's Scripture, so I'll be posting again later.  Stay tuned.

No comments: