Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Even God Likes Little Debbie



So today I was blessed AGAIN by my children. I was blessed by God’s provision and by God’s ability to bless those he treasures with good things.

After Bible study I took the children and a friend of mine to Subway in Swannanoa for lunch. As we were standing in line I was a little distracted by all of the noise from the children, people in the gas station, etc. Joseph says to me "It’s I Can Only Imagine". I said "what?". He says it again..."I Can Only Imagine". My friend Angie confirms that is what is on the radio. Then my sweet little boy begins to BELT out this song in the middle of Subway in perfect pitch. For those of you who have had the joy of worshipping with Joseph (that’s really what is was), you know he holds NOTHING back. I also thought it quite amusing that his baby sister sat on the packs of canned drinks and drummed in perfect rhythm for him to sing.

He sings the remainder of the song as I place orders. I don’t even worry about what people are thinking. I don’t try to "shush" him or make him stop. In fact I encourage him that his singing is beautiful. For those of you who know ME you know that is a miracle. I’m ALWAYS worried about what people think, especially about Joseph.

Well we are enjoying our meal at Subway (by the way the pizzas are very good, the children enjoyed them). I had noticed earlier that the Little Debbie vendor was there restocking shelves, but didn’t think anything of it. Then he comes over to the table with a HUGE box of Oatmeal Creme Pies and another of Nutty Bars. He places them on the table with a HUGE smile on his face and says...."maam I wanted to give these to your children because I so enjoyed your son’s singing". You should have seen Joseph’s face. Creme pies are his favorite. We were all so excited, so blessed and I was pleasantly reminded that my child IS special. Special in a BLESSED way.

Psalm 84:11
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. (NIV)

Now I am certainly not implying that I am blameless or that my walk as a mother is perfect. I am also not saying Joseph is a perfect kid (or the other two for that matter). However, I believe that God loves to bless His children and I can tell you that I am seeking His face and trying diligently to show His love to my children. I praise God for his favor. I praise God for his loving kindess that would bless some kids in Swannanoa, NC with junk food just because they worshipped Him with a pure heart.

No comments: